Empower Oversight Whistleblowers & Research (EMPOWR) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization dedicated to enhancing independent oversight of government and corporate wrongdoing. EMPOWR works to help insiders document and report corruption to the proper authorities while also seeking to hold authorities accountable to act on those reports.
In our Constitutional republic, power resides with the people—exercised through their elected representatives. To act as an effective check on unelected bureaucrats and corporate elites, the people and their representatives need to know the facts.
With decades of experience conducting congressional investigations that exposed major scandals and experts who wrote the laws on modern-day whistleblower protections, EMPOWR is well-positioned to combat waste, fraud, and abuse both inside and outside government.
Tristan Leavitt, President of Empower Oversight, leads the group with a wealth of experience from the halls of Congress, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, and most recently from the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, allowing him to demand answers on behalf of whistleblowers who report wrongdoing.
Jason Foster, Founder and Chairman of Empower Oversight, has 22 years of Capitol Hill experience, including 14 years as counsel to the “patron saint of whistleblowers” U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), and continues to spearhead Empower Oversight’s successful pressure campaigns on behalf of those who reported wrongdoing.
What We Do
- Solicit disclosures of waste, fraud, abuse, misconduct, and mismanagement.
- Work to corroborate claims through deep, independent research.
- Help insiders safely and legally inform authorities, the media, and the public.
- Educate whistleblowers, journalists, Members of Congress, inspectors general, and other official institutions charged with strengthening public integrity.
- Advocate for more effective oversight and whistleblower-driven investigations.
The team at Empower Oversight has seen firsthand how transparency provides a vital check on unfettered power. We are committed to finding the facts so that Americans can confront abuses of authority.